A Special Use Permit is required for work in the right-of-way, unless the work is otherwise permitted by one of the following listed permit types:
- Street Lights
- Pot Holes
- Underground Fire Lines
If the work to be performed in the right-of-way is not permitted by one of the above listed permit types, follow the procedure below to apply for a Special Use Permit:
- Comple the Special Use Permit application, including a map of the site and placement.
- Submit the completed application to the Engineering Division for review and approval. (Engineering will review within 48 hours.) Application can be submitted via fax
(480-350-8591); e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org); by mail at P.O. Box 5002, Tempe, AZ, 85280; or visit the office at 31 E. Fifth Street.
- Once approved, the Engineering Division will forward the completed application to Traffic Engineering.
- The Engineering Division ensures that customer’s Insurance Certificate, Contractor’s License, and Privilege Tax Number are on file and current. (Engineering will review within 24 hours.)
- The Engineering Division assigns a permit number and collects fees.