At the City of Tempe, accessibility is a part of everyday life. From accessible playgrounds to wide, flat cityscapes; from assistive listening devices to large print documents, we will provide the access that you need. We want everyone to be able to live, work and play in Tempe!
ADA Complaint Procedures and Form
The City of Tempe prides itself on being an accessible community. Please help us by communicating any areas of needs or concerns. This Complaint Procedures and Form allows for a tranparent process and resolution.
Did you know...
- that Tempe was the first city in the state of Arizona to hire a dedicated ADA & Accessibility Specialist?
Click here to see a bio and contact information for the ADA Compliance Specialist.
- that Tempe is the only city in the state to have an access guide?
Click here to view Access Tempe. This helpful guide, sponsored in partnership with the Tempe Conventional Visitor's Bureau, details accessible lodging, dining, shopping, attractions and more!
- that the city has several zero-depth entry swimming pools and accessible playgrounds, including both of our splash playgrounds?
Click here to view City of Tempe Park Information, or visit the Access Tempe guide, which lists accessible park amenities.
- that Tempe offers adapted recreation classes?
Click here to find out more about the adapted recreation classes offered by the City of Tempe.
- that the City has an active Commission on Disability Concerns?
Click here to view the home page for the Mayor's Commission on Disability Concerns.
Need an accommodation?
All you need to do is ask! Ask either the person in charge of the program that you want to access, or contact Peter Fischer, ADA Compliance Specialist at (480) 350-2704. Please ask us as soon as possible, so that we may better assist you.
Notice Under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)