ERIC, and friends wants you to think before you throw. Animals live with plants in natural habitats called ecosystems. Recycling is one of the best ways for you to care for the Earth, animals and plants. By recycling we are reducing our impacts on Earth. Here are some things you can do to care for the Earth, animals and plants!
Help ERIC and friends by recycling, simple actions make a big difference:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
• Reduce the amount of waste you produce is the best way to help the environment:
- Instead of buying new things look for other alternatives
- Learn how to compost and help plants grow strong and healthy
- Reduce energy by turning off the TV, computer and lights when you leave the room
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth and washing your face.
• Reuse instead of throwing things a way, try to find new ways to reuse them again:
- Bring reusable bags to the grocery bags
- Pack your lunch in reusable containers that can be used again and again
- Drink out of reusable water bottles
- Use writing paper on both sides
- Don’t throw a way clothing, toys, furniture and computers. Recycle the items at Tempe’s recycling centers, trade them or give them away.
• Recycle the things you use like aluminum cans, cardboard, glass and plastic by placing them in into recycling bins.
- Recycle acceptable materials and refer to the recycling list or down load the My-Waste mobile recycling app
- Do not place Styrofoam or plastic bags in the recycling bin
- All recyclable items must be clean, dry and empty
- Buy things made out of recycled materials
- Request ERIC to visit your Tempe school
- Recycle at Zero Waste recycling events in Earth Month, April and America Recycles Day, November.
Help ERIC and friends by taking the Oath of Recycling:
Together we can encourage friends and family to reduce, reuse, and recycle at home, school, work, and play. Turn old things into new things, buy responsibly and help the environment by preserving natural resources.