Tempe's City Hall is undergoing the following energy retrofit projects:
- Interior and exterior lighting retrofits of nearly 1,000 fixtures aimed at improving light quality, maintaining appropriate light levels by task, reducing energy consumption and standardizing equipment.
- Installation of sensors to control turning lights on/off based upon occupancy
- Standard motors replacement with high-efficiency motors
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) direct digital controls (DDC) system upgrade, providing web-based networking that will allow for all buildings to be monitored from a single location
- Retro-commissioning of building to assess overall performance and balance building pressurization, temperatures and air flow throughout City Hall to optimize the interactive effects of all building systems