Tempe is a diverse and exciting city to police. Tempe PD protects an ever-growing community of over 160,000 residents and is the cultural center of the East Valley. Bordered by Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Chandler, Guadalupe and the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, Tempe is home to Arizona State University, the Mill Avenue District, spring training baseball, Tempe Town Lake and hundreds of special events each year.
Our police department is committed to fighting crime and places an emphasis on building and implementing technology systems and intelligence sharing with other law enforcements agencies to accomplish our goals. The effectiveness of these efforts is demonstrated by the high citizen satisfaction level on our Annual Survey with over 80% reporting satisfied or highly satisfied.
Our challenges remain as we build on our success and continually develop effective, innovative ways to fight crime and criminals while providing the highest quality police service our residents expect and deserve. We are improving our partnerships with an ever-growing, increasingly mobile, dense and diverse urban community, which borders the sixth largest city in the United States and is home to the largest university in the country. Vertical growth, changing demographics and the 24/7 lifestyle of our downtown combined with a community feel like no other in the Valley make Tempe an amazing city to police.
If you are ready and want to be part of the finest police department in the state, we challenge you to participate in our police officer recruit and lateral testing process.
Honor | Integrity | Loyalty | Dedication | Tempe Police Department
- Fighting Crime & Enhancing Community Safety
- Promoting Community Involvement
- Supporting & Developing Employees
- Enhancing Innovation & Technology
- Honor - we will be honorable in our principles, intentions and actions.
- Integrity - we value honest communication and our actions match our words.
- Loyalty - we are committed to fellow employees and the community we serve.
- Dedication - we are devoted to the delivery of effective and efficient police services.
Tempe PD is seeking the best, most diverse candidates for the position of police officer recruit and lateral. The City of Tempe is an equal opportunity employer.