The Tempe City Council is committed to:
- Ensuring a safe and secure community through a commitment to public safety and justice.
- Developing and maintaining a strong community connection by emphasizing the importance of open government, customer service and communication with community members.
- Enhancing the quality of life for all Tempe residents and workers through investment in neighborhoods, parks, the arts, human services, and city amenities, with an emphasis on equity and diversity.
- Implementing sustainable growth and development strategies, including improving Tempe’s public transit system to meet future needs, by actively seeking innovative technologies and leading the way in creating a more sustainable community.
- Maintaining long term financial stability and vitality by focusing on economic development, business retention and generating employment to create a robust and diverse economic base.