with Arizona art teachers Nancy Feiring and Roxie May-Thayer
Projecting Persona provides activities that teachers can use
- to prepare young people to explore the Roy Orbison exhibition at the Tempe Center for the Arts (TCA),
- to focus their attention during a visit and
- to plan an artwork for a specific place after their visit.
- Lesson One: Historical and Contemporary Personas
- Lesson Two: Tempe Center for the Arts Visit
- Lesson Three: The Look of a Lion
- Lesson Three: Extreme Makeover
- Historical Personas PowerPoint
- The Look of a Lion PowerPoint
- Extreme Makeover PowerPoint
- Questor’s Questions about a Contemporary Persona (pdf)
- Roy Orbison (pdf)
- Exploring Roy Orbison’s Persona at the Tempe Center of the Arts (pdf)
- Lion 1 (pdf)
- Lion 2 (pdf)
- Look of a Lion Label (pdf)
- Extreme Makeover Label (pdf)
- Patsy Cline (pdf)
- Ritchie Valens (pdf)
- Harry Belafonte (pdf)
- Joan Baez (pdf)
- Hank Williams (pdf)
- Aretha Franklin (pdf)
Nancy Feiring is the primary author of Modular Madness.
Roxie May-Thayer is the primary author of Space Invaders.
Photos courtesy of the city of Tempe, Architekton and Mary Erickson.