Request for Public Information Form, Copy Fee Schedule, Building Construction Activity Reports
Building Safety compiles monthly statistical reports reflecting construction activity and permit issuance in the City of Tempe. Building Construction Activity Reports are available for 2007 to present.
In order to view or obtain copies of Community Development public records, it is necessary to submit a Public Records Request Form. The turnaround time for the request is determined by the scope of the request. Fees will be charged as per the Copy Fee Schedule. A Credit Card Authorization form is required when faxing in records requests.
Permanent records are available as follows:
- Building permits
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Commercial building plans (Note: residential plans are NOT retained permanently; they are destroyed one year after final permit inspection.)
- Hearing Officer files
- Board of Adjustment files
- Design Review Board/Development Review files
- Planning & Zoning Commission files
If you have questions about the types of records available, please call our main number at (480) 350-8341, Option 1. Completed Request for Public Information forms, along with s Credit Card Authorization form may be submitted via:
- Fax to 480 350-8677
- Mail to the City of Tempe, Community Development Department, P.O. Box 5002, Tempe, AZ 85280-5002
- In person at the Community Development Department, 31 East 5th Street, Garden Level, Tempe, AZ 85281